Sunday, January 9, 2011

Two in one week?!

I had such a good weekend, I decided to blog about it....sue me.

For starters, I took the time to hang out with my good friend Jodi Bon Jodi on Saturday afternoon. We hadn't hung out in a few months, so I drove over to her AMAZINGLY cute house in NE PDX and had a good old fashioned craft and gossip day. I taught her how to embroider and we discussed an AMAZING sewing project that I am chomping at the bit to start! She has inspired me to take up sewing. So my next big purchase will be a sewing machine....and then I will have to learn how to use it! I have grandiose plans to start making cool clothes for bigger ladies, we shall see how that goes through out the year.






I also decided that since I'm not pregnant still, why not color my hair? I have a job where I can do whatever I want with my hair, so my friend Caitlin shaved a huge chunk of hair off on the left side. I didn't want to have the current stereotypical asymmetrical hairdo, so I decided to channel my inner Cyndi Lauper and colored it turquoise with purple leopard spots. I also colored a chunk on the other side, mostly purple. I forgot how much I really love coloring my hair. I think the next round will be hot pink with purple spots!




I also have mended my relationship with my eldest nephew. I am not going to get into the details to our estrangement, but I will say this, I pretty much cried a gallon of happy tears today. I am so glad that he is healthy, happy, and back in my life.

Tonight Cory and I had homemade enchilada's, well my own spin that I call "Enchilada Pie". I made tortillas from scratch, cooked chicken breasts in enchilada sauce then shredded the chicken, layered a pan with tortillas, chicken, and cotija cheese. It was very tasty, and Cory threw together a red cabbage and corn relish. We bought a TON of fresh corn last summer, and I cut it all off the cob, then froze it. I can't even tell you how that turned into one of my more brilliant moments! We have used that frozen corn several times this winter and I think it will be something I do every summer!







I am not about to blog about the shootings, dead birds and fish...I already know we are living in crazy times, but I refuse to let the insanity ruin all the hard work I have done getting to where I am now. The world has always been crazy and might sadly continue to be so. I can't let it in, it's too overwhelming and draining. \\

2 comments:

  1. I love your hair! I wish I could pull it off but I fear my days of crazy colored hair may be over until I'm 60. I am hoping my hair goes white right then, so I can do technicolor easily. It's what I most look forward to about being elderly, actually.

    I wish I had frozen a bunch of corn last summer. YUM.


    xoxo jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, buying all that cheap fresh corn was the smartest thing ever!

    I bet you could pull off a streak of something FUN!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete