Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just Breathe

I have this client, who is in a very, very bad DV situation, and being forced into an abortion. I am pro-choice, and being pro-choice means I believe it is a woman's right to choose, period. To chose too have an abortion or too not have one. I have to remain neutral, be her advocate and support her, but show no personal emotion. It is really hard right now, especially with my trying to get pregnant.

I see in her eyes the pain that this man is putting her through, how confused and torn she is, and when she is away from him, she see's clearly, then the phone rings.....and she goes back to praising him. She said she was not having an abortion, she wanted to keep her baby, then today I get a call from a co-worker that she made an appointment. So I have to breathe and support her. I would not have an issue with it if I knew it was HER decision, not some punk kid who hits her and forced her to get pregnant, but now wants to run away to California and leave her and not face his responsibility, so he forces her to make a call she did not want to make. It's just really hard at work this week.

On the "Morton-Dow" baby front, we are on day 12 of this months cycle, and have been "trying" every day, for the last 9 days. Wow, I never thought I would be THIS candid about my sex life.....anyhow, we have 6-7 more days until I'm no longer "fertile" for the month, then time for testing. We really are trying to relax and not be too hopeful, it will happen when it's supposed to, right? It was deflating when I started my period last time, but after a day or so, we got back the excitement and realize that this could take a while. But we have found some pretty cute things we want to get!

Honestly, I can't believe who I have turned into in the last couple months....I admit it and give in, I have baby fever and embrace it all!
Looking at this kind of fun stuff, erases the crappy parts of my day, for sure, and also makes me remember to be the best advocate for my clients I can. They don't have the privilege I have, even when I feel desperately broke, I know that I need to appreciate everything and everyone I do have.


Sorry dudes for dorking out, but I am a heavily tattooed mama after all, that is the PERFECT diaper bag for me, *hint*hint*













1 comment:

  1. Hardly knows you and already loves you! You're embarking on a pretty amazing journey and I am soo inspired by your hope and enthusiasm - hang onto that faith m'friend! I was flipping through a magazine - think geek - and saw the vampire pacifier! Totes cute! Those onesies and the diaper bag are totally rad.

    ReplyDelete