Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hot Chocolate & Love



This weekend my partner and I had a small gathering of friends over for dinner and a tiny version of my annual Dia De Los Muertos party. I had intended on having a real celebration, with many friends, but I just didn't have the energy to share this with a large group. Just not there yet, but I will be. In any case, I made a massive pan of homemade cheese enchiladas with home made tortillas, re-fried beans from scratch, elote, guacamole,(and my most favorite), Mexican hot chocolate! I think I might just od on the stuff.

It was such a good night with just 4 close friends, good stories, and sharing the news that Cory and I are starting a family. Despite starting my cycle the same night, I know that it won't be long before Cory and I are laying in bed with a tiny little one between us.

I feel so much closer to my partner, and he to me. It is amazing how happy I am considering that just 2 1/2 years ago, I felt like I was going to end up divorced and alone forever....that I would never find someone that understood me completely and loved me in spite of my flaws. Someone that lifted me up and didn't make fun of my sensitivity. I was miserable and in a marriage that was toxic for both of us. Then I decided to leave, I realized that we were never going to be able to see eye to eye or agree on anything. We both were traveling in opposite directions, and no amount of trying, therapy or fighting was going to fix it. My ex and I both new it was best to part ways. At the time, I had no clue that my best friend was going to turn out to be the great love of my life.....but here we are, a little over a year later and making a family, something I have always wanted and never thought would happen. I feel so grateful and blessed. Annnnnnd, I am totally ok with having to try again at the "baby making"......it's not like it's work or anything.



I stayed in tonight and made an AMAZING potato, caramelized onion and roasted garlic/asparagus pizza, from scratch, for my boo, and the last of that Mexican hot chocolate. I really enjoy my time with Cory and my friends, making good food for them, and talking about simple things. It's sounds boring, but I'll take boring with a smile.

1 comment:

  1. that dinner sounds so delicious & wonderful. i'll take happy boring evenings any day!

    xoxo
    jess

    ReplyDelete